We’re counting down the days until the 2017 IFA Annual Convention and we hope to see you there!
With dozes of sessions and roundtables (and who can forget networking events) we understand that it may be overwhelming.
That’s where we come in. We reached out to our staff here at Centermark by Web.com and asked them for their top tips to help you make the most of your time at the 2017 IFA Annual Convention.
Here’s what they had to say…
1.) Have a goal and know how to achieve it.
There are so many things to see, people to engage with, sessions to attend and events to be part of that it can sometimes be easiest to dabble in everything without truly engaging in anything. Ask yourself:
- What breakouts do I want to attend?
- Who do I want to meet or be introduced to?
- What breakouts are most important to my franchise?
- What are the top events and how do I get invited?
2.) Work the floor
- Talk to people – great relationships have formed as a result of random encounters at the IFA
- Talk to the vendors – they are there because they offer a service that many franchisors use. Take the time to learn who they are and what they do. Their service could vastly improve your franchise satisfaction level and drive real results.
3.) Bring Cards
The easiest way to share your contact information with someone is still the good old-fashioned business card. Bring a truck-load of them.
4.) Control the Breakouts/Sessions
This is your conference; take control, ask questions, and move the conversations in directions that serve your goals. Don’t let a breakout group or session presenter escape without turning the conversation to the things you care about and the questions you want answered.
5.) Find your own Bar/Restaurant
It can get crowded at the hotel bar and establishments directly near the conference. Seek out a local tavern or restaurant ahead of time if you want a more manageable place to meet with friends, colleagues or clients. We recommend Ri Ra Irish Pub.
6.) Wear comfortable shoes
You’re going to be on your feet a lot.
7.) Get social
Follow the #IFA2017 hashtag, so you can be the first to know about the biggest happenings at the event.
8.) Watch live performers
The Centermark by Web.com booth has some exciting surprises in store for event attendees. Stop by Booth #425 to get your fortune told, watch live performers and win some cool prizes!
Now get your bags packed and we’ll see you in Las Vegas!