Did you know? Americans will spend more money on treats, pumpkins and costumes this Halloween season than they have in the past 11 years according to the National Retail Federation. With the influx in consumer spending, Marketers should capitalize on this trend by being EXTRA creative with their Halloween tactics.
Here are 3 ways to capture attention and boost sales during this spooky season:
Drive traffic to your storefront or service area
Play off the Halloween theme by crafting holiday-specific promotions that leverage the products and services that you currently provide.
- Offer to do makeup for costumes and promote Halloween-themed manicures and pedicures if you own a salon or spa.
- In the lawn care industry? Consider creating promotions that include, “Get your lawn ready for trick or treaters.”
- And don’t forget about the candy! Make sure you’re ready to pass out sweets when the trick-or-treaters arrive.
Decorate your web presence
If you don’t have a storefront, there are other ways to get in the Halloween spirit.
- Dress up your website by changing your logo, mascot, etc. to reflect a Halloween theme.
- Include Halloween puns or jokes that incorporate your industry/service. If you own a dental practice, you can include words like “Fang-tastic!”
Utilize social media to engage with your consumers
“Scare” your customers into liking and sharing your posts across your social media channels.
- Share Halloween recipes, DIY decorations and costumes posts.
- Have your customers participate! If you have a dog boarding business, consider hosting a dog costume contest and allow followers to vote for their favorite photos.
- Include popular Halloween hashtags, so your posts garner more attention. Examples include: #halloween #halloweentips #trickortreat.
Get in the Halloween spirit
There are many simple ways to incorporate the Halloween theme into your franchise marketing strategy. Submit your Halloween ideas in the comment box below.